Pṛithvī Mudra (Prit-vee) - Gesture of Earth
Prithvi mudra, with its grounding and stabilizing qualities, can be a valuable addition to practices aimed at enhancing physical strength, stability, and emotional balance.
- Sit or stand in a comfortable position with a straight spine.
- Touch the tip of the ring finger to the tip of the thumb.
- Keep the other fingers extended, relaxed, and slightly apart.
- Place your hand on your knee or thigh with palm facing upwards.
- Enhances stability and groundedness.
- Promotes physical strength and endurance.
- Aids in improving elimination.
- Helps in fostering a sense of calm and security.
- Can alleviate feelings of anxiety and restlessness.
When to Practice
- During meditation for grounding and centering.
- In moments of feeling ungrounded or anxious.
- When seeking to strengthen the body and mind.
- Regularly for maintaining a balance of the earth element.
Duration: 10-20 minutes
Best Time of Day: Morning
—— 🕉 ——
Prithvi mudra is a grounding mudra that brings a sense of stability and security while also being open to the experiences of the physical body.
Not a commonly used mudra, Prithvi mudra can help you connect with your annamaya kosha (the physical body). The reason we feel ungrounded is due to not being in-touch with our physical body.
Prithvi mudra brings your focus and attention to the present experience, feeling your weight, gravity embracing your in place. Gravity is what allows us to move and interact with the world. Being present in your body, feeling gravity, grounds you into your body.