Palli Mudra (Pal-lee) - Gesture of the Shelter
Palli Mudra, with its focus on fostering self-confidence and physical alignment, can be particularly beneficial for enhancing spiritual energy, supporting spinal health, deepening embodiment, and balancing digestive processes.
- Wrap the middle finger over the index finger.
- Touch the tip of your thumb to the tip of your ring finger.
- Extend the little finger straight out.
- Rest the back of your hands onto your thighs or knees, or hold the hands at shoulder height with palms facing forward.
- Relax the shoulders back and down, maintaining a naturally aligned spine.
- Fosters self-confidence, optimism, and energy, especially for spiritual pursuits.
- Supports optimal spinal alignment and posture.
- Enhances the sense of embodiment and presence in the physical body.
- Balances digestive functions.
When to Practice
- Regularly during meditation or spiritual practices to boost confidence and energy.
- When focusing on improving posture and spinal alignment.
- In moments of seeking to deepen the connection with one's physical body.
- Before or after meals to aid digestion.
Duration: 5-10 minutes
Best Time of Day: Morning
—— 🕉 ——
Palli mudra is a wonderful way to feel protected, sheltered, from external pressures and situations out of your control.
I think with its unique form and finger complexity that it really aids in bringing us into the present moment for an all around protective and balanced wellness within our bodies.
This wellness transcends any immediate obstacles or obstructions in our health- physical, emotional, mental, or spiritual.